Do they have gender?

Patriarchy is like flood which comes with such a tremendous flow and destroys lives. One such component in the patriarchy is 'GENDER NORM'.
Gender norm has been there since ages and it has forced people to follow its terms and conditions. 

Well, while growing up i also got to know that gender is assigned to clothes too. And i kept following it for a very long time,until i dint realised 'bout my gender identity. Yes! gender identity and sexual orientation are two different concepts. Being a 'gay' , 'lesbian', 'bi-sexual' tells about your sexual orientation; but gender identity is something which you decide. I identify myself as an 'Androgynous' guy. which means that i posses both qualities of a male and female. Lets come back to the clothes so ya people do assign gender to clothes. I liked heavy lehenga's, saree's, anaarkali's but i hardly liked men's clothes as all i could find is pant and shirt.

I wasn't ever allowed to wear what i wanted because of gender norm i.e. as a boy i should only wear clothes which are for boys even if i don't want to.
People sometimes mistake me as a 'cross-dresser', sometimes hijra's ask me that why am i wearing earrings and putting makeup on my bearded face. its insulting but one can do nothing because 'Androgyny' is new term in indian society and it will take some time to be widely accepted.

But for me clothes doesn't have gender and shouldn't have too, patriarchy has also consumed minds of some LGBT people who should already accept new sexualities and gender identities.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Either you blow me or pay for Petrol

He will be a "Chakka" sister said.

I'll keep loving you, even if you love your wife!