When education turns into suffocation


Education is a base from where a young kid learns basic etiquettes of life but some lessons are never taught in the school premises due to which education turns into suffocation. Every child comes with his or her set of problems which are taken into consideration but there are many problems of children’s who are LGBT and they are never considered.
I still remember being called by many names and I would never speak up, I thought I was wrong, I was not like the others. At that time i used to ask myself why am I born like this, why people harass me so much.
I remember an incident from my 10th grade when a group of my classmates hit me so hard that made me so hyper, I left my classroom for principal’s office. When I recited the incident to her she replied “So what? go to your class”. And that was really rude of her to say.
There were girls who use to hate me, they would call me names, today when they message me on social sites saying that “we are proud of you”, I feel where was this response when I needed it the most. But it’s not even their problem they didn’t know about LGBT as I didn’t know then And that’s where the problem lies. Students don’t know anything about sex or sexuality so they could understand or accept and yes relying on Bollywood films wouldn’t do anything more than confusing them even more.
Even teachers have least idea and they too make fun of students who are LGBT. Problem in school isn’t about bathrooms it’s about mindset, there are people who study in top colleges of Mumbai but still stare at me, then I stare at them so much that they start feeling bad about themselves. Acceptance comes with understanding, if we understand something learning all about its facts then it’s easy to understand. All that a LGBT student or for that matter any effeminate or handicapped student need is support and someone who will stop people from teasing them.

Comments

  1. I can completely relate to your story. Even i hd to face this bullies.more power to you buddy. Salute to you for not giving a shit to what others think nd live ur life with proud..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Either you blow me or pay for Petrol

I'll keep loving you, even if you love your wife!

He will be a "Chakka" sister said.